In our Christian tradition, the Sacrament of Baptism is central to our becoming part of God’s family. It is the beginning of our faith journey.
When baptising a child, the parents are asked to profess their own faith and to accept the responsibility of teaching their child the Christian way of life, and to guide him/her along their initial stages of life to help them understand the meaning of their Baptism.
If you are interested in having your child baptised, please:
- read the “Baptism Information and Guidance leaflet“;
- complete the “Baptism Application form“; and
- contact us to make an appointment to submit the form, together with:
- the child’s birth certificate
- a copy of the baptism certificate of one parent
- a copy of the baptism certificate of one godparent
If you are an adult wishing to be baptised or received into the Catholic Church, please refer to our RCIA programme.