11am Saturday 6 November 2021
An Invitation from our local Friends of the Earth Group
Haringey Climate Rally at Crescent Gardens N22 (opp Haringey Civic Centre) on Global Day of Action for Climate Justice.
We need a future that works for ALL of us! ACT NOW!
- As wildfires, floods and extreme heatwaves hit Germany, Greece, Italy and Turkey. – and even Haringey, we see at close hand how the global climate emergency is growing more acute.
- People in the Global South – who’ve done least to cause climate breakdown – endure the worst of its effects.
Speakers will include:
- David Lammy MP for Tottenham
- Councillor Mike Hakata, Cabinet Member for Climate Change
- A school climate striker
- A speaker from the Global South on the impacts of climate change now
The event will end at around 12 noon. Those who wish can then travel into Central London and join a larger demonstration from from Bank of England to Trafalgar Square moving off at 1pm.